Kiwanians are volunteers changing the world through service to children and communities. Kiwanis members help shelter the homeless, feed the hungry, mentor the disadvantaged, and care for the sick. They develop youth as leaders, build playgrounds, raise funds for pediatric research, and much more. No problem is too big or too small. Why? Because working together, members achieve what one person cannot accomplish alone. When you give a child a chance to learn, experience, dream, and succeed, great things happen!
Kiwanis clubs and members undertake nearly 150,000 service projects each year, contributing more than $107 million and 6.2 million volunteer service hours. Together, we’re changing the world, one child and one community at a time!
The Kiwanis Club of Livingston was chartered on March 12, 1930, and meets every Wednesday beginning at 6:45 pm at The Hanover Manor, 16 Eagle Rock Avenue, East Hanover, NJ 07936, 973-992-6986. Through the efforts of its members, and through the fundraising provided by our annual Kiwanis Karnival, the Kiwanis Club of Livingston has been able to contribute to the following organizations and activities:
- Sponsorship of the Livingston High School Key Club and West Orange High School Key Club benefiting thousands of Livingston and West Orange High School students
- The West Essex YMCA
- The Boy Scouts of America
- The Girl Scouts Council of Essex County
- The Special Olympics
- The Children’s Miracle Network Telethon
- The Interfaith Hospitality Network for the Homeless as well as providing meals for homeless families
- Started the subscription drive for community swimming pool
- The two hard surface tennis courts at Memorial Park
- The jogging and walking track at Memorial Park
- The scoreboard at Livingston High School Community Field
- The Child ID program in conjunction with the Livingston Police Department
- Sponsorship of the annual Livingston 4th of July Kiwanis Swim Karnival
- Annual Livingston High School college scholarships
- The purchase of multiple Livingston First Aid Squad vans
- Participation in the Livingston Township fire prevention program
- Funding for the Gazebo in Memorial Park in Livingston
- Livingston Celebration 2000
- The purchase of transportation vans for the community
- Purchasing of defibrillation units for First Aid Squad & Police Department.
- Providing assistance to the Summit Speech School for their fundraising activities.
- The Alzheimer's Association
- Sponsorship of children to attend Kiwanis Youth Leadership training and Key Leader training
- Purchased a Mobile vision In-Car video for the Livingston Police Department
- Autism research.
- Sponsorship of a morning of free rides, food and games for disabled children and their families at our annual Kiwanis Karnival.
- Purchasing an emergency oxygen unit for Livingston Town Hall
- The annual Blue-Red softball game for children with disabilities
- The Livingston Little League, Lacrosse and Football programs
- Donating holiday presents to children at St. Michael’s Hospital
- Donating to the Essex County Court Appointed Advocate program
- Donating to the Foster and Adoptive Family Services
- Participating in the Meals on Wheels program in Livingston delivering meals on the holidays
- Donating to the children’s section of the Livingston Public Library.
- Donating to the Children’s Specialized Hospital at Robert Wood Johnson Medical Center.
Please join us at one of weekly meetings if you want to make a difference in our community.